Prescribed form of words under Practice Rule 5A
1. My notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone 020 7222 5381
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact [me/ my firm].
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to [The Notaries Society/ the Society of Scrivener Notaries of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office] [the Faculty Office who will refer the complaint to be considered by one or several independent notaries]. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to [:-
contact details of relevant Approved Procedure including telephone number and email address] [the Faculty Office].
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call [The Designated Society/The Faculty Office] for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure or after a period of eight weeks from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, if you are not happy with the result:
Baskerville House, Centenary Square,
Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2ND
Tel : 0300 555 0333
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the conclusion of the complaint process.
© The Faculty Office