When do I need a Notary?

In most cases your lawyer (here in the UK or elsewhere) will tell you when there are documents which need attestation for use abroad. This lawyer may recommend a notary but you also can choose someone else.

If, for any reason, you are not sure, you can find further information (and ask for help) from:

These Societies will offer advice as to what to think about when making your choice but will not be able to suggest a particular notary as this would be unfair.