Apply for a Special Licence

Most applications are handled through this online portal and the Faculty Office will send you a separate link for this, together with a personal and secure account. You will need to upload relevant documents and signatures where appropriate. You will be kept informed throughout the process by email and through the online portal. There is a non-returnable fee payable before submitting the application.

Please DO NOT use the online application form to request an emergency marriage in a hospital, hospice or at home where one of the parties to the marriage (or a close relative – parent, sibling, or child) is very seriously ill and is not expected to recover.  Rather, the intended officiating minister should contact the Faculty Office Emergency Marriage Line on 07718 394974 for advice and guidance.